Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The St. Tammany Corporation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V/SO) offering competitive wages and benefits. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
Director of Business Development, Retention and Expansion
Duties: Reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for all aspects of the Business Development, Retention and Expansion programs; manages the engagement with existing business and industry to identify and support opportunities for St. Tammany to be the destination of choice for business formation, expansion and location.
- Ensure that St. Tammany Corporation is the most informed and respected source for solutions to issues impacting business expansion including, but not limited to, comprehensive understanding of barriers and opportunities for growth, operational efficiencies, and identifying solutions that will enhance business expansion and job creation
- Develop, coordinate, and implement business retention and expansion program activities
- Communicate St. Tammany Corporation’s client suite service offerings to the business community. Engage entrepreneurs, mid-cap and economic driver companies to identify opportunities to leverage resources that will support business expansion and partnerships to increase retention
- Manage relationships and collaborate with strategic partners to develop innovated business solutions including, but not limited to, Louisiana Economic Development, local economic development organizations, workforce solutions (Community Colleges, Universities, etc.), business incubators, and business assistance resources
- Coordinate with economic development partners to provide training to existing companies
- Develop high-level knowledge in the strengths, assets, and programs within St. Tammany Parish’s business ecosystem that can support a company and its growth strategy. This includes applicable sites and buildings, relevant community assets, cost advantages, state and local tax advantages, state and local incentive programs, logistics/transportation assets, workforce availability, workforce development programs, etc. Apply this expertise in developing customized solutions for company projects.
- Implement a business visitation program and maintain data from individual visits
- Manage special project assignments and collaborate with other team members as assigned by CEO to support overlapping and aligned goals related to strategic initiates, including workforce development, business solutions, entrepreneurship and small business development, and community partnerships
- Provide collaborative support to the implementation and success of St. Tammany Corporation’s 5-year strategic plan and Business Development goals
- 4-5 years of experience in economic or business development field required; must be able to demonstrate experience in project development management, working with business and industry leaders, and business retention and expansion related work
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of business principles with an entrepreneurial mindset, including finance, supply chain, sales, marketing, real estate, procurement, workforce development/human resources, strategic business planning, statistics, etc.
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently in order to carry out assignments without supervision
- Excellent oral/written communications skills required
- Must have experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience with Salesforce is a plus
Compensation will be commensurate based on experience. Other benefits will include retirement, company provide health care, and all necessary equipment (cell phone, computer, etc.) to carry out job duties
Please send resume, cover letter and references to Chris Masingill, CEO St. Tammany Corporation at email@example.com